So here we go again for arguably the best dance festival in the UK in terms of line up bulk in the housier underground end of the spectrum. Just looking through what is on offer at this years Eastern Electrics is pretty breath taking and we must admit a little daunting… Some tough choices are going to have to be made on the day and some serious planning put into action in order to catch as many DJs as possible.
When I thought about writing this piece I thought I’d be able to put together some kind of order easily enough but I’m sat here scratching my head where to begin and I’ve had to reconsider. I’ll have to dump that thought and just recommend everything.
Grab your mates and just get lost in amongst the amazing acts on offer for 3 days at Knebworth Park. Wherever you go you’ll be hearing some amazing stuff.
Its also pretty good to read that the new space, 20 mins outside on London by train, is going to be turned into an amazingly special gigantic festival site…
There’s going to be 6 music stages and thats just the start of it:
– Outdoor Transformer stage – This will be a bespoke main stage, built by the guys that do production at Glastonbury, it is being purpose built for the event and each year it will grow and mutate into something even more spectacular. This stage will run from 2pm-10pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will have capacity for every single person at the festival, so everyone will get to see the headline acts. These include Moderat (live), Hot Natured (live), Masters at Work, Maya Jane Coles and many more.
– Eastern Electrics All-Night Arena – This is the biggest indoor stage and runs from 10pm – 6am on Friday and Saturday night, it has a huge capacity and features some of our biggest nightime headliners including Seth Troxler, Richie Hawtin, Tale of Us and Dave Clarke.
– mulletover / Crosstown Rebels Arena – This is the 2nd biggest stage and features some big hitters on both the Friday and Saturday nights. DJ Sneak, Koze, Sasha, Subb-and and Damian Lazarus are just some of the highlights.
– Big Top – Running all day and all night this is where you will find Black Atlantic.
– Outdoor Switchyard Stage – Built within a rectangle of shipping containers, and featuring raised dance platforms all around the sides is our 2nd bespoke arena. With the DJ playing from the open side of a lorry and music running from 2pm – 6am, this will be one of our most popular stages, as you will be able to dance under the stars and then watch the sun come up with promoters including El-row, secretsundaze, Krank Brothers and Dirtybird.
– IglooVision Dome – The smallest arena at 1,000 capacity, is by no means an after thought. Inside the dome will feature 360 degree projections, to give a completely immersive experience. Expect to lose hours to the Futureboogie Sound System, Krush, Louche, Culprit and Junk Department.
– The Star of EE – The line-up in here is still under wraps, but we’ve got some very special artists appearing in the on site pub, here you will see Skream provide us with a rare disco set joined buy Waifs & Strays, Santé, Simon Baker and more.
So basicly all the entertainment you could want is sorted… now what about somewhere to sleep (not that many of you lot will be doing much of that ;) ?
Again there’s a million different options to chose from and you’ve got yet another mind bending amount of options when it comes to tickets+camping combos. I won’t go into those but safe to say we’re pretty excited at the prospect of this mega festival and can’t wait to see how its all going to go down.
All you need to do now is put the exclusive mix by Jozif on below and head here to take your pick of the tickets: http://easternelectrics.com/tickets
Best of luck to the team who’ve put it together this year!